Today’s satellite RF front end solutions are costly, take too long to develop and aren’t scalable for modern CubeSat, Mil/Aero and satellite-based internet providers. What’s more, conventional passive devices are nearing the end of their innovation development cycle. Improving Quality Factor (Q) and Self-Resonance Frequency (SRF) is difficult, making robust performance at increased frequencies such as millimeter wave (mmWave) challenging.
These market realities are driving aerospace and satellite system designers toward more adaptable, high performance, low loss solutions that enable excellent performance across a wide frequency spectrum. With 3DGS’ unique technology and manufacturing competencies, the limitations of legacy passive device and front end packaging materials are overcome. Proven in the field, 3DGS delivers:
- Extremely precise 3D features (through holes, cavities, metal patterns, etc.) in glass substrates
- A broad product range from discrete components (inductors and capacitors) to RF and mmWave passives (filters and antennas) to full heterogeneous integrated RF front ends
- Products that are effective in frequencies ranging from 0.5 GHz to >200 GHz
- Patented glass material with balanced coefficient of thermal expansion (CTE) that bridges the disparity between silicon and copper for optimal stress relief, strength for long-term durability, and high reliability
- Flexible platform for all types of RF components and customized designs
- State-of-the-art, ITAR registered manufacturing in 3DGS’ USA-based facility in Albuquerque, NM